Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Jialin Qiao <qi...@apache.org> on 2022/03/08 12:54:31 UTC

Naming about VSG and MManager

Hi,

After discussion with Chao Wang and Xiangdong, we'd like to rename some
classes.

(1) VirtualStorageGroupProcessor -> DataRegion
(2) MManager -> SchemaRegion

In each instance, we have a SchemaEngine to manage many SchemaRegion, and a
StorageEngine to manage many DataRegion.

In this way, we are separating data structure with computing. The
DataRegion and SchemaRegion are data structures with supported operations.
The background threads could be managed together in an IoTDB instance, such
as WAL threads and Compaction threads.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Jialin Qiao

Re: Naming about VSG and MManager

Posted by HW-Chao Wang <57...@qq.com.INVALID>.
+1,support named schemaregion and dataregion.we need&nbsp;
distinguish between previous nouns.

After discussion with Chao Wang and Xiangdong, we'd like to rename some
classes.

(1) VirtualStorageGroupProcessor -&gt; DataRegion
(2) MManager -&gt; SchemaRegion