Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/02 14:33:54 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Proton-J 0.20.0

Hi folks,

I have put together a first spin for a Qpid Proton-J 0.20.0 release,
please test it and vote accordingly.

The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/proton-j/0.20.0-rc1/

(Note: the .sha checksum files are generated using SHA512)

The maven artifacts are staged for now at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1111

The JIRAs currently assigned are:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313720&version=12341280

Regards,
Robbie

P.S. If you want to test things out using maven with your own build
you can temporarily add this to your poms to access the staging repo:

  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>staging</id>
      <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1111</url>
    </repository>
  </repositories>

The dependency for proton-j would then be:

  <dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
    <artifactId>proton-j</artifactId>
    <version>0.20.0</version>
  </dependency>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Proton-J 0.20.0

Posted by Keith W <ke...@gmail.com>.
+1

* Ran Apache RAT check
* Verified checksums and signatures on artefacts
* Manually retested SCRAM-SHA SASL authentication using staged
Proton-J artefacts with Qpid JMS Client (master) against the Java
Broker (master). I ran this test twice, firstly with the Broker
configured to use SaslOutcome to send the final challenge (new
behaviour) and again with it switched to the old behaviour.
* Tested staged Proton-J artefacts with Qpid JMS Client 0.23.0 against
Qpid Broker for Java (master) using the Joram test suite

All tests passed.

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lorenz Quack <qu...@gmail.com>.
+1

* verified checksums and signatures
* ran apache-rat:check
* build and ran test of src bundle
* ran HelloWorld of the qpid-jms (master) against the qpid-broker-j (master)
  using proton-j (0.20.0 from staging repo)
* as above but with sending additionalData in the SaslOutcome (SCRAM-SHA-256)

Kind regards,
Lorenz

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non binding)

verified ActiveMQ Artemis use of the new setInitialRemoteMaxFrameSize using
the staging repo

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Oleksandr Rudyy <or...@gmail.com>.
+1
Tested SCRAM-SHA SASL authentication against Java Broker
 * with sending of final server message as additionalData in SaslOutcome
(new behaviour)
 * with sending of final server message in SaslChallenge (old behaviour)