Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by TODD HARNEY <TH...@longaberger.com> on 2001/04/13 15:46:01 UTC

Window Resize == Form Submit?

I have a general question being new to struts...I am starting on a project that is currently using the struts framework. I have noticed that every JSP page will actually do a form submit everytime I resize my browser window?? Is this something that is related/known to the struts framework, or is it something in the application itself (jsp pages)?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Todd Harney

Re: Window Resize == Form Submit?

Posted by Jim Richards <gr...@cyber4.org>.
At 09:46 AM 13/04/01 -0400, you wrote:
>I have a general question being new to struts...I am starting on a project that is currently
>using the struts framework. I have noticed that every JSP page will actually do a form submit
>everytime I resize my browser window?? Is this something that is related/known to the struts
>framework, or is it something in the application itself (jsp pages)?

It depends on the browser. This is not a struts feature but (and I think) a netscape feature.
Because a page built by a form submit is  usually dynamic, netscape re-requests the page
so it can build it again, whereas IE will cache the output, as it can resize visually as you
move the window border.

This can also affect DHTML quite badly.

--
Kumera - a new Open Source Content Management System
for small to medium web sites written in Perl and using XML