Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Mikael Syska <mi...@syska.dk> on 2007/07/01 01:21:57 UTC

Re: Spam PDF

arni wrote:
> [snip snap]
> I looked for the lowest scoring email of the past 2 days (dont save
> them longer), this is the one:

> 	*      [score: 1.0000]
> 	*  0.0 DKIM_POLICY_SIGNSOME Domain Keys Identified Mail: policy says domain
> 	*       signs some mails
> 	*  0.0 MIME_HTML_MOSTLY BODY: Multipart message mostly text/html MIME
> 	*  0.0 HTML_MESSAGE BODY: HTML included in message
> 	*  1.5 LOGINHASH2 BODY: mail has been classified as spam @ unknown company,
> 	*       Germany
> 	*  1.5 LOGINHASH1 BODY: mail has been classified as spam @ LogIn&Solutions
> 	*      AG, Germany
> 	*  2.2 DCC_CHECK Listed in DCC (http://rhyolite.com/anti-spam/dcc/)
>

> Note that already a well trained BAYES can take these mails out on its
> own on my system.
 > Bayes are good if its well trained
>
> If you find your bayes to score really acurate then its a good idea to
> increase the scores. For me bayes is fed from 2 spamtrap addresses
> with around 50 pieces of the finest spam every day. Doing this, bayes
> scores BAYES_99 on 99.5% of my remaining spam - i hardly ever see it
> score below BAYES_80 and thats just great.

Kind a new to spam ... and especially how people use bayes.

So how many ham mails do you get per day ? wandering if I could do
something to my system so bayes may score higher ....

I have read some where that spam mails in bayes should be alot higher
than ham mails ... is that true ?

Cause I'm doing spam scans for multiple domains ..

> So maybe training bayes better or increasing the score will put and
> end to this for you.
>
> arni

Any aditional reading on bayes are welcome ...

// Mikael Syska

Re: Spam PDF

Posted by arni <ma...@arni.name>.
Mikael Syska schrieb:
> Kind a new to spam ... and especially how people use bayes.
>
> So how many ham mails do you get per day ? wandering if I could do
> something to my system so bayes may score higher ....
>
> I have read some where that spam mails in bayes should be alot higher
> than ham mails ... is that true ?
>
> Cause I'm doing spam scans for multiple domains ..

my mail volume isnt high, i do it only for myself and some friends,

some stats on my bayes db:

0.000          0       4556          0  non-token data: nspam
0.000          0       1356          0  non-token data: nham
0.000          0     280877          0  non-token data: ntokens

i get about 20 ham and 150 spams per day (on my personal box) - bayes is
only learned by spamtraps and autolearn.

arni