Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Stuart Morgan <bb...@hotmail.com> on 2001/11/11 02:21:52 UTC

### Tomcat and Apache config help ###

Hiya,

I am having problems getting Tomcat and Apache to play nice together. I am
not sure if the problem is Tomcats config or Apache. Tomcat is installed and
working great on port 8080 if I use localhost or 127.0.0.1. Apache is
working fine on port 80 using localhost or 127.0.0.1.

Now if my computer is NOT connected to a network I can access Tomcats
directories through Apache using
e.g. 127.0.0.1/examples/jsp when tomcats would be 127.0.0.1:8080/example/jsp

But if I use localhost it does not work.
e.g. localhost/examples/jsp when tomcats would be localhost:8080/example/jsp

Now if my computer is connected to a network I can still access Tomcat
directly or Apache by themselves, but I can not access Tomcats directories
through Apache, I get a page not found error.

Any help would be a life saver to me.