Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by "javastuff.sam@gmail.com" <ja...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/28 22:37:57 UTC

Out of memory

In my application I have 100s of different caches defined. Some are LOCAL,
NEAR and OFFHEAP, in total all are 10GB and LOCAL are about 1GB.
Running application with 4GB heap, machine have 48 CPU and 40GB RAM. I am
starting ignite from java code. Under bigger load getting OOM. Attaching
screenshot from heap dump.

Am I missing anything or need to disable any kind of metrics? I had enabled
task and cache events, which I am planing to disable.

Any hints will be good.

Thanks,
-Sam

<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/n7995/Ignite_OOM.png>

Re: Out of memory

Posted by vdpyatkov <vl...@gmail.com>.
Sam,

Could you please provide heap dump from this node and configuration of
caches?

javastuff.sam@gmail.com wrote

Re: Out of memory

Re: Out of memory

Posted by "javastuff.sam@gmail.com" <ja...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for your reply Den. Many LOCAL cache are less than 10MB, would that
also need overhead of 20-30MB?

When System is ideal, slowly consuming memory, so is there any
metrics/statistics/JMX being captured regularly which need to be turned off?

I turned off task and cache events, still same issue.

Any more hints or tweaks.

Thanks,
-Sam