Posted to dev@lucenenet.apache.org by Simon Svensson <si...@devhost.se> on 2019/01/19 14:30:25 UTC

Current state of Jira and ".net-ification"

Hi,

I'm looking at some Jira issues, focusing on the bugs affecting 4.8.

LUCENENET-605 is asking to implement ArgumentNullException instead of
letting null values become NullReferenceException. The current behavior
matches the Java behavior.

LUCENENET-600 is about the number of first-chance exceptions. This
sounds like another .NET-ification.

About the .NET-ification; is this something we're doing for 4.8?

LUCENENET-598 is the same as LUCENE-6001, which was fixed in Lucene
4.10. Am I correct in thinking that we do not fix this issue since the
same problem exists in Lucene's 4.8?

There are three unreleased versions in Jira which I believe we can
archive; 3.6, 4.0 and 5.0 PCL. Archiving these means that they can no
longer be selected when new bugs are reported. Do we still have any
purpose for having these selectable when new issues are filed?

--
// Simon Svensson

Re: Current state of Jira and ".net-ification"

Posted by Simon Svensson <si...@devhost.se>.
Hi,

LUCENENET-598 is reproducible with our current code. There's a failing
unit test provided in the issue, and it is fixed by the patch in
LUCENE-6001.

I'll write a comment in the issue and leave it open since it is a known
bug and have a known fixVersion. (However, our project doesn't have that
fixVersion yet, so we cannot properly tag it as such in Jira.)
Regarding the permissions; I'm not sure how they are configured. I have
permissions to resolve/close issues, but not much more.

// Simon Svensson

Posted by Laimonas Simutis <la...@gmail.com>.
Simon,