Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Hertzel Karbasi - OPTinity eBusiness Solutions <he...@optinity.com> on 2002/02/10 16:05:52 UTC

TILES: using Defenitions as Forwards in Struts 1.1 dev

Hello All

I'm using Contrib/Tiles (Last version) with Struts Nightly build and trying
using tutorials: Definitions as forward.
It seems that ActionComponentServlet is not compatible with struts nightly
build (1.1 dev) as the following occurs:
org.apache.struts.tiles.ActionComponentServlet.process ->
getApplicationConfig(request).getProcessor().process(request, response); ->
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process ->
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionForward(request,
response, forward);

So the method
org.apache.struts.tiles.ActionComponentServlet.processActionForward(ActionFo
rward forward,ActionMapping mapping,

ActionForm formInstance,HttpServletRequest request,HttpServletResponse
response)
who is responsible to get the forwards from definitions is not called.
Anyway this method does not exists in Struts 1.1 ActionServlet and can not
be overrided.

IMO the standard RequestProcessor should be subclessed and provided in
ApplicationConfig.

Any assistance will be appreciated .
Thanks
Hertzel

Re: TILES: using Defenitions as Forwards in Struts 1.1 dev

Posted by Cedric Dumoulin <ce...@lifl.fr>.
  Important changes have been made in latest Struts 1.1 dev. The old mechanism
consisting to subclass ActionServlet doesn't work anymore.
  I have a Tiles version working with  Struts nightly build. It add a new class
(TilesController), and a new struts-config.xml. Unfortunately, it is not
compatible with Struts1.0.x, so I have to change Tiles distribution and to update
some documentation. I will release it as soon as possible. If you need it
immediately, send me a mail.

    Cedric

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
Yes, for the time being, the Nightly Build cannot be used with Tiles.
While this is being resolved, you can use recent Struts 1.1 JAR here:

http://husted.com/struts/resources/struts_1_1a.zip

Hertzel Karbasi - OPTinity eBusiness Solutions wrote:

> Hello All
>
> I'm using Contrib/Tiles (Last version) with Struts Nightly build and trying
> using tutorials: Definitions as forward.
> It seems that ActionComponentServlet is not compatible with struts nightly
> build (1.1 dev) as the following occurs:
> org.apache.struts.tiles.ActionComponentServlet.process ->
> getApplicationConfig(request).getProcessor().process(request, response); ->
> org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process ->
> org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionForward(request,
> response, forward);
>
> So the method
> org.apache.struts.tiles.ActionComponentServlet.processActionForward(ActionFo
> rward forward,ActionMapping mapping,
>
> ActionForm formInstance,HttpServletRequest request,HttpServletResponse
> response)
> who is responsible to get the forwards from definitions is not called.
> Anyway this method does not exists in Struts 1.1 ActionServlet and can not
> be overrided.
>
> IMO the standard RequestProcessor should be subclessed and provided in
> ApplicationConfig.
>
> Any assistance will be appreciated .
> Thanks
> Hertzel

-- Java Web Development with Struts.
-- Tel +1 585 737-3463.
-- Web http://www.husted.com/struts/

Re: TILES: using Defenitions as Forwards in Struts 1.1 dev

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
Cedric's working on this. Some recent changes in the Nightly Build
change the way ActionForwards are handled, which affects how the
handling of definitions is implemented. For more, see

The BIG Check-In for Multi-App Support
http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg04354.html

Action mappings and The BIG Check-In
http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg04773.html

[proposal] Multi-app sources modifications
http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg04740.html

Struts Next
http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg04460.html

I'm in the middle of some changes to the Web site, which will make it
easier for us to announce these changes, and update the documentation
for the Nightly Build.

-Ted.

Posted by Vic Cekvenich <Vi...@baseBeans.com>.