Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "O'brien, Tim" <to...@transolutions.net> on 2003/05/30 17:47:19 UTC

[math] patches

Sorry, some clarification.

I guess what I'm trying to say here is.  Please submit patches.  Even if
your changes rely on patches which have yet to be committed - you are
allowed to submit a patch which depends on another patch being applied.

Someone recently mailed me a large JAR file in which all Javadoc errors
had been fixed.  These changes were a few days out of date, and
attempting to manually reconcile the changes with the current code-base
---  possible, but we all have a limited amount of time.

You'll help Mark and I.  MArk, I see you are in the avail file and have
the necessary karma.  Update that project.xml file.

Tim

Re: [math] patches - solved

Posted by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu>.
My checkout was still using /home/cvspublic. Once I switched to
/home/cvs everything worked fine.

-Mark

Re: [math] patches

Posted by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu>.
Tim O'Brien wrote:
> Eeek.  I'll respond on the list only in that it might be of reference to
> someone in the future.  95% of my problems are solved via
> groups.google.com...
>
> 1. Make sure you are not hitting the public repository - you should
> either hit CVS using pserver and portforwarding, or ext with CVS_RSH=ssh

Yes, I was dragging around /home/cvspublic directories from my old
anonymous checkout. This is resolved in the following line of perl on
the commiters page, since I didn't use it to convert the anonymous
checkout on my crappy Windowz laptop. I ran into problems

% cd your-project-working-directory
% find . -type d -name CVS \
 > | perl -pe 's,(.*CVS$),$1/Root,' \
 > | xargs perl -pi -e \
 > 's,:pserver:anoncvs(.+:/home/cvs)public,:ext:username$1,'
% cvs -q update -dP

thanks again for the tip. -M.

Re: [math] patches

Posted by Tim O'Brien <to...@discursive.com>.