Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Kevin A. McGrail" <ke...@mcgrail.com> on 2017/06/01 19:10:44 UTC

Best Anti-Spam note of the day...

I only hope I can ascend to this level of tact with all upcoming Apache
SpamAssassin missives.

Regards,

KAM

http://www.mayoradler.com/letter-wonder-woman/

  Letter: Wonder Woman

On May 26, 2017, the Mayor received this email:

    I hope every man will boycott Austin and do what he can to diminish
    Austin and to cause damage to the city’s image. The theater that
    pandered to the sexism typical of women will, I hope, regret it’s
    decision. The notion of a woman hero is a fine example of women’s
    eagerness to accept the appearance of achievement without actual
    achievement. Women learn from an early age to value make-up, that
    it’s OK to pretend that you are greater than you actually are. Women
    pretend they do not know that only men serve in combat because they
    are content to have an easier ride. Women gladly accept gold medals
    at the Olympics for coming in 10th and competing only against the
    second class of athletes. Name something invented by a woman!
    Achievements by the second rate gender pale in comparison to
    virtually everything great in human history was accomplished by men,
    not women. If Austin does not host a men only counter event, I will
    never visit Austin and will welcome it’s deteriorati on. And I will
    not forget that Austin is best known for Charles Whitman. Does
    Austin stand for gender equality or for kissing up to women? Don’t
    bother to respond. I already know the answer. I do not hate women. I
    hate their rampant hypocrisy and the hypocrisy of the “women’s
    movement.” Women do not want gender equality; they want more for
    women. Don’t bother to respond because I am sure your cowardice will
    generate nothing worth reading.

    Richard A. Ameduri

Today he responded:

    Dear Mr. Ameduri,

    I am writing to alert you that your email account has been hacked by
    an unfortunate and unusually hostile individual. Please remedy your
    account’s security right away, lest this person’s uninformed and
    sexist rantings give you a bad name. After all, we men have to look
    out for each other!

    Can you imagine if someone thought that you didn’t know women could
    serve in our combat units now without exclusion? What if someone
    thought you didn’t know that women invented medical syringes, life
    rafts, fire escapes, central and solar heating, a war-time
    communications system for radio-controlling torpedoes that laid the
    technological foundations for everything from Wi-Fi to GPS, and
    beer? And I hesitate to imagine how embarrassed you’d be if someone
    thought you were upset that a private business was realizing a
    business opportunity by reserving one screening this weekend for
    women to see a superhero movie.

    You and I are serious men of substance with little time for the
    delicate sensitivities displayed by the pitiful creature who
    maligned your good name and sterling character by writing that
    abysmal email.  I trust the news that your email account has been
    hacked does not cause you undue alarm and wish you well in securing
    your account. And in the future, should your travels take you to
    Austin, please know that everyone is welcome here, even people like
    those who wrote that email whose views are an embarrassment to
    modernity, decency, and common sense.

    Yours sincerely,

    Steve Adler