Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Avik Sengupta <Av...@itellix.com> on 2003/11/12 16:54:37 UTC

2.0 release

We've had two checkins to branch since 2.0 ..Nothing important seems to
have come up.  should we do a second RC, cheat and do a 2.0 final
directly. Thoughts? Glen, are you able to do a release this weekend?

Regards
-
Avik

Re: 2.0 release

Posted by Avik Sengupta <av...@itellix.com>.
On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 08:43, Glen Stampoultzis wrote:
> Since it's a full release I we should do a formal vote to make the PMC happy.

Yup, should do.

> I'm a little reluctant do a full release without bringing the German and
> Spanish translations up to spec. It's not really something I can do as I
> only speak English.

Well.. me neither..
> Also I'd like to see someone go over the website and documentation and say
> that they're happy that it's up-to-date and correct.

yeah, will do that over the weekend.

Re: 2.0 release

Posted by Agustín Martín <ag...@terra.es>.
Ok, I think I can spend a few hours this weekend on the spanish docs.
I'm grabbing the cvs now (last update was too long ago).
Any recommendations on the xml (I'm using encoding="ISO-8859-1") I see
the dtds links are wrong, will fix them.

<Agustin/>

<Agustin/>

Agustín Martín Barbero
agusmb at netscape dot com
agusmba at terra dot com

--
<Agustin/>

Agustín Martín Barbero
agusmb at netscape dot com
agusmba at terra dot com

Re: 2.0 release

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.

wrote:

> Currently the only front page, todo and news pages are transalted into
> spanish,
> i think. It would be good to check the todo and front pages against current
> english, and translate the HSSF overview, HPSF overview and HPFW overview to
> spanish as first priority. Then the HOWTO and quick guide sections of HSSF.
> Then
> the rest :)
>
> Regards
> -
> Avik
>

> Quoting Agustín Martín <ag...@terra.es>:
>
>> I'm running really low on spare time, but if you tell me which are the
>> most important pages, I'll try to get them translated to spanish. (Are
>> they still in cvs?)
>>
>> Agustín.
>>
>> Rainer Klute wrote:

>> happy.

>>> Since I am a native German (and an author, too) I have the capability to go
>> over the German pages. Unfortunately I don't have the time.
>>>
>>> I suggest to release POI 2.0 as soon as possible, because the alternative is
>> to stick with 1.5.1. The translations could be improved later.
>>>
>>> Can we put a banner on the German and Spanish pages saying something like
>> "This page is not necessarily up to date, please read the English pages bla
>> bla bla..."?
>>>
>>> Best regards
>>> Rainer Klute
>>>
>>>                           Rainer Klute IT-Consulting GmbH
>>>  Dipl.-Inform.
>>>  Rainer Klute             E-Mail:  klute@rainer-klute.de
>>>  Körner Grund 24          Telefon: +49 172 2324824
>>> D-44143 Dortmund           Telefax: +49 231 5349423
>>>

>> --
>> <Agustin/>
>>
>> Agustín Martín Barbero
>> agusmb at netscape dot com
>> agusmba at terra dot com
>>

>> --
>> <Agustin/>
>>
>> Agustín Martín Barbero
>> agusmb at netscape dot com
>> agusmba at terra dot com

Andrew C. Oliver

http://jakarta.apache.org/poi
For Java and Excel, Got POI?

The views expressed in this email are those of the author and are almost
definitely not shared by the Apache Software Foundation, its board or its
general membership.  In fact they probably most definitively disagree with
everything espoused in the above email.

Re: 2.0 release

Posted by av...@itellix.com.

Re: 2.0 release

Posted by Agustín Martín <ag...@terra.es>.

Re: 2.0 release

Posted by Rainer Klute <ra...@epost.de>.

Re: 2.0 release

Posted by Glen Stampoultzis <gs...@iinet.net.au>.
Yes.  Forrest generates fine on the branch now.

Regards,

Glen

Re: 2.0 release

Posted by Avik Sengupta <av...@itellix.com>.

Re: 2.0 release

Posted by Glen Stampoultzis <gs...@iinet.net.au>.

Re: 2.0 release

Posted by Ryan Ackley <sa...@cfl.rr.com>.
Thanks Rainer, I will attempt to correct!

Ryan
Posted by Rainer Klute <ra...@epost.de>.
On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 16:17:35 -0500 "Ryan Ackley" <sa...@cfl.rr.com> wrote:
> For some reason I am getting all of your emails as blank with the content of
> your email attached as a txt file.

Ryan,

I just checked one of my e-mails as I received it via the list. Its content type is

Probably your mail client isn't able to handle that content type properly.

Re: 2.0 release

Posted by Ryan Ackley <sa...@cfl.rr.com>.
Rainer,

For some reason I am getting all of your emails as blank with the content of
your email attached as a txt file.

-Ryan

> So I suggest that if we have to do another RC, lets do it this weekend. I am
> leaning towards a direct 2.0, but i'll defer to what people on this list think.
> What say, guys?

+0

Re: 2.0 release

Posted by Glen Stampoultzis <gs...@iinet.net.au>.
Since it's a full release I we should do a formal vote to make the PMC happy.

I'm a little reluctant do a full release without bringing the German and
Spanish translations up to spec. It's not really something I can do as I
only speak English.

Also I'd like to see someone go over the website and documentation and say
that they're happy that it's up-to-date and correct.

-- Glen

At 02:54 AM 13/11/2003, you wrote:
>We've had two checkins to branch since 2.0 ..Nothing important seems to
>have come up.  should we do a second RC, cheat and do a 2.0 final
>directly. Thoughts? Glen, are you able to do a release this weekend?
>
>Regards
>-
>Avik

Glen Stampoultzis