Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Michael Engelhart <me...@navigatus.com> on 2002/06/01 14:38:59 UTC

Re: URI help

Just to get this into the mail archives in case anyone else runs into this
issue, I downloaded the Xalan source code and edited
org.apache.xml.utils.URI.java and changed:

  private static final String MARK_CHARACTERS = "-_.!~*'() ";

  private static final String MARK_CHARACTERS = "-_.!~*'() <>";

And rebuilt with ant.  This obviously isn't the best solution because it's
messing with the RFC (sort of - the RFC is a bit vague by calling the use of
<> 'unsafe'??) but for this situation it solved the problem of passing XML
as a GET parameter when using the document() function call.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions...

Mike