Posted to dev@marmotta.apache.org by Sergio Fernández <se...@salzburgresearch.at> on 2013/10/02 12:27:58 UTC

Re: JDBC Driver for Marmotta

Dear Bernhard,

(moving this discussion to dev@marmotta, since it is more about
technical things than users' support)

On 01/10/13 21:29, Bernhard Ortner wrote:
> My Spring Use Case is:
> I want to Inject marmotta as datasource via Spring.
> To be more precise, i want to configure marmotta via Spring Annotations
> and / or a context file (as Pooled DataSource)
> Raffaele just gave me the answer, that i was searching for...  so I will
> try to write / configure a Spring service for marmotta.

So, if you understood correctly, you would like to have a Spring Data
Source directly consuming the triple store by JDBC.

Strictly talking, that would be a Data Source for the KiWi triple store
[1]. Although right now it is true there is not difference, since that
one is the single triple store currently supported by Marmotta.  Perhaps
we should improve how the platform is described [2]... But our roadmap
for the short-term future (hopefully for 3.2.x) is to be able to run
Marmotta over any Sesame-based triple store.

The clarification comes because in LMF (the former project) we were
thinking about something similar, providing support to Spring Data [3].
But in that case was at a resource level (so using LDP and/or SPARQL,
most likely), and not directly at a low level. But we never managed to
find time to implement such idea.

But your proposal also looks quite interesting, and it could be quite
useful in some use cases. Please, keep us updated about it :-)

Cheers,

[1] http://marmotta.incubator.apache.org/kiwi/introduction.html
[2] http://marmotta.incubator.apache.org/platform/introduction.html
[3] https://code.google.com/p/lmf/issues/detail?id=95