Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Fielding, Roy" <fi...@eBuilt.com> on 2000/11/01 02:46:19 UTC

RE: 1.3.15

> Roy...
> Kevin Kiley here again.
>
> Is it this line that offends?...
>
> > > http://www.RemoteCommunications.com/apache/mod_gzip/ -
> Free Apache Content Acceleration module

Actually, it was the content at the other end of the link, which formerly
referred to it as the "Apache mod_gzip" module.  We don't let anyone other
than the ASF use the name in a possessive sense like that.  Referring to
it as mod_gzip for Apache is fine.  Thanks for updating the page.

However, I also need you to remove the Apache feather symbol and
fix the copyright statement.  Basically, the Apache Group copyright
should only cover the code derived from us -- the rest of it should
be under an RCI copyright until it is formally contributed to the
ASF (which replaced the Apache Group as copyright owner).  Likewise,
the feather symbol is a trademark of the ASF and we only allow it
to be used under limited conditions.  You are welcome to use the