Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by William Chu <wi...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/03 05:25:18 UTC

Re: Enabling https with a IBM JVM

Hello,

I am trying to enable https on Tomcat 3.3.1. I am using an IBM JVM.
When I go to the url https://<ipaddr>, I see the following exception.
In my browser, I get a 503 message saying that the "Server is
starting".

org.apache.tomcat.core.TomcatException: Root cause - Class
com.ibm.jsse.bt configured for SSLContext not a SSLContext

 Do you have an idea why I can't access my page and get the above exception?

 Thank you very much for the help,

 Will

Re: Enabling https with a IBM JVM

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
"William Chu" <wi...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Thanks Bill,
>
> Where do I add the include algorithm="IbmX509"? Which file should I
> add that in?

In server.xml as an attribute to the <Http10Connector ... /> tag.

> I am using Sun's JSSE jar files (jsse.jar, jcert.jar, and jnet.jar)
> but I'm just using an IBM JVM. Will that work?
If nothing else works, you could probably have them in $JAVA_HOME/lib/ext,
and put a suitable entry in the java.security file.  I don't know.  I've
never tried this configuration.

> If not, is there some documentation that you can point me to so that I
> can confirm that Tomcat 3.3.1 won't work with any other JVM's except
> for Sun's? I don't want to go to far down the wrong road ...

At one point, I believe I got it working (but this was several years ago, so
I don't remember the details :).  But I'm may have been using the
CoyoteConnector (which was available as an addon before 3.3.2 was released).

Posted by William Chu <wi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Bill,

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.