Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by fr...@netscape.net on 2006/06/24 12:47:30 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache reverse proxy server: how to get libxml2 to support a special charset?

Hi,
I am setting up a reverse proxy on Apache 2.
If I do not use mod_proxy_html, the web pages won't show images because the link is redirected to my site instead of the original web site.
If I add the mod_proxy_html, it has to get libxml2. The latest libxml2 not support gb2312. I have to use libiconv to convert gb2312 to some other charset. GB2312 is called EUC_CN in libiconv. Nothing about EUC_CN is mentioned in libxml2. Nothing mentioned with GB2312. Any body has experience to get libxml2 to support a rarely used charset, please help!

Thanks!

Frank Peng.