Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org> on 2002/10/24 13:45:37 UTC

Re: mirroring, web pages, and disk space

Greg Stein wrote:

> I believe Brian also asked the XML folks to lighten up their web pages,
> since the combination size of pages/images are expensive compared to the
> other Apache sites.

In Forrest we already have made a Forrest version of the XML website
http://xml.apache.org/forrest/xml-site/index.html

We can push it to the front quite quickly, what do others think?

As for the projects...

Cocoon will be doable soon, FOP is almost ready IIUC, and Xindice is
already working on it.

Which all means I guess that we'll have to speed up the transition of
the sites.

So, to organize this a bit, who is in charge of managing the docs
of other xml projects please let us (Forrest devs) know what the
current situation is, or on general@xml.apache or directly on our list.

The docs format is not that far away from the original xml.apache
format, and the docs build process doesn't need anymore to be in the ant
buildfile, as forrest is now a tool that can be used from a single
installation as Ant.

We will actively help you with the transition to Forrest docs in the
smallest time possible.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: mirroring, web pages, and disk space

Posted by Keiron Liddle <ke...@aftexsw.com>.
On Thu, 2002-10-24 at 13:45, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> In Forrest we already have made a Forrest version of the XML website
> http://xml.apache.org/forrest/xml-site/index.html
>
> We can push it to the front quite quickly, what do others think?

Personally I think it should be done yesterday.

> The docs format is not that far away from the original xml.apache
> format, and the docs build process doesn't need anymore to be in the ant
> buildfile, as forrest is now a tool that can be used from a single
> installation as Ant.

Will you make a download package for this that we can get. I couldn't
find anywhere to get it right now.

> We will actively help you with the transition to Forrest docs in the
> smallest time possible.

Good luck.

Re: mirroring, web pages, and disk space

Posted by Diego Peroni <di...@intexti.it>.
hai provato il transformer di jfreechart???

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <an...@manes.net>.
Nicola,

You need to add the Axis project to your Forrest page.

Thanks,
Anne