Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Mahadev Konar <ma...@hortonworks.com> on 2011/08/22 07:10:56 UTC

Re: Question on test timeouts

Vishal,
 Is https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-1157 tracking all
the test failures you are seeing?

thanks
mahadev

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 11:41 AM, Benjamin Reed <br...@apache.org> wrote:
> i've looked into this a bit. it looks like a bunch of our tests are
> using 2ms tick times instead of 2000ms tick times, which may make
> things fail on slower machines. do you think that is what you are
> seeing?

Urg. Ben can you create a subtask off 1157 for this? List the tests
which are effected.

fwiw on my CI setup I'm not currently seeing random failures on tests
- although I have seen this when:

1) when running multiple slots on a Jenkins host and running both
hadoop (or hbase, etc...) unit tests at the same time as running ZK
unit tests
2) when running with insufficient ulimits

Patrick

Posted by Benjamin Reed <br...@apache.org>.
i've looked into this a bit. it looks like a bunch of our tests are
using 2ms tick times instead of 2000ms tick times, which may make
things fail on slower machines. do you think that is what you are
seeing?

ben

Posted by Vishal Kathuria <vi...@fb.com>.
Hi Mahadev,