Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by "Timony, Michael" <Mi...@FMR.COM> on 2007/01/18 00:10:55 UTC

Custom Portal Build Error: basedir set incorrectly

I updated my Jetspeed build yesterday (Jan 16th). And when I try and
build a custom portal I get the following error (my custom Portal is in
/tmp/CUSTOM_PORTAL1/portal-2):

	Embedded error: The following error occurred while executing
this line:
	java.io.FileNotFoundException: /tmp/CUSTOM_PORTAL1/build.xml (No
such file or directory)

I've tracked the problem to the creation of the custom Portal. Turning
on debugging reveals that the "basedir" isn't set correctly:

 mvn -X -e -o archetype:create
-DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.portals.jetspeed-2
-DarchetypeArtifactId=portal-archetype -DarchetypeVersion=2.1-dev
-DgroupId=mick-2 -DartifactId=portal-2 -Dversion=1.0 1>&OUT-mick

[INFO] Defaulting package to group ID: mick-2
[INFO]
----
[INFO] Using following parameters for creating Archetype:
portal-archetype:2.1-dev
[INFO]
----
[INFO] Parameter: groupId, Value: mick-2
[INFO] Parameter: packageName, Value: mick-2
[INFO] Parameter: basedir, Value: /tmp/CUSTOM_PORTAL1
[INFO] Parameter: package, Value: mick-2
[INFO] Parameter: version, Value: 1.0
[INFO] Parameter: artifactId, Value: portal-2

Not sure how to debug this further.

Mick Timony

Re: Custom Portal Build Error: basedir set incorrectly

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Timony, Michael wrote:
> I updated my Jetspeed build yesterday (Jan 16th). And when I try and
> build a custom portal I get the following error (my custom Portal is in
> /tmp/CUSTOM_PORTAL1/portal-2):
>
> 	Embedded error: The following error occurred while executing
> this line:
> 	java.io.FileNotFoundException: /tmp/CUSTOM_PORTAL1/build.xml (No
> such file or directory)

Im seeing the same error here.
Just applied a patch here recently for DBPSML in custom Maven build
Looks like something went wrong with the \${basedir} substitutions
Investigating now..

Re: Custom Portal Build Error: basedir set incorrectly

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Timony, Michael wrote:
> That fixed the FileNotFoundException, now it's failing while trying to
> download a mockrunner pom file:
>
> populate-seed-data:
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Error executing ant tasks
>
> Embedded error: The following error occurred while executing this line:
> /tmp/CUSTOM_PORTAL1/portal-2/etc/build.xml:297: The following error
> occurred while executing this line:
> /tmp/CUSTOM_PORTAL1/portal-2/etc/build.xml:302: The following error
> occurred while executing this line:
> /tmp/CUSTOM_PORTAL1/portal-2/etc/build.xml:489:
> java.lang.ClassCastException:
> org.apache.maven.usability.MojoFailureExceptionDiagnoser
> [INFO]
We were seeing that earlier too
Try to go into components/cm,
mvn clean
mvn

Then go back to jetspeed root directory,

mvn

I have been building for too long with Maven-1
So I guess we are hitting some bumps in the Maven-2 build that I was not
aware existed

RE: Custom Portal Build Error: basedir set incorrectly

Posted by "Timony, Michael" <Mi...@FMR.COM>.
That fixed the FileNotFoundException, now it's failing while trying to
download a mockrunner pom file:

populate-seed-data:
     [echo] called seed data with directory
/tmp/CUSTOM_PORTAL1/portal-2/etc
   [delete] Deleting directory
/tmp/CUSTOM_PORTAL1/portal-2/etc/target/seed
    [mkdir] Created dir: /tmp/CUSTOM_PORTAL1/portal-2/etc/target/seed
    [mkdir] Created dir:
/tmp/CUSTOM_PORTAL1/portal-2/etc/target/seed/data
     [copy] Copying 1 file to
/tmp/CUSTOM_PORTAL1/portal-2/etc/target/seed/data
     [copy] Copying /tmp/CUSTOM_PORTAL1/portal-2/etc/sql/j2-seed.xml to
/tmp/CUSTOM_PORTAL1/portal-2/etc/target/seed/data/j2-seed.xml
     [echo] Running Jetspeed Seed Importer with -b
/tmp/CUSTOM_PORTAL1/portal-2/etc/serializer/assembly//boot/ -c
/tmp/CUSTOM_PORTAL1/portal-2/etc/serializer/assembly//
     [echo]     portlet-api.version=1.0
     [echo]     org.apache.jetspeed.deploy.version=2.1-dev
     [echo]
org.apache.jetspeed.deploy.groupid=org.apache.portals.jetspeed-2
Downloading: mockrunner/mockrunner/0.2.7/mockrunner-0.2.7.pom
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Error executing ant tasks

Embedded error: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/tmp/CUSTOM_PORTAL1/portal-2/etc/build.xml:297: The following error
occurred while executing this line:
/tmp/CUSTOM_PORTAL1/portal-2/etc/build.xml:302: The following error
occurred while executing this line:
/tmp/CUSTOM_PORTAL1/portal-2/etc/build.xml:489:
java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.maven.usability.MojoFailureExceptionDiagnoser
[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 3 minutes 54 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Thu Jan 18 13:52:08 EST 2007
[INFO] Final Memory: 17M/34M
[INFO]

Mick

> I updated my Jetspeed build yesterday (Jan 16th). And when I try and
> build a custom portal I get the following error (my custom Portal is
> in
> /tmp/CUSTOM_PORTAL1/portal-2):
>
> 	Embedded error: The following error occurred while executing
this
> line:
> 	java.io.FileNotFoundException: /tmp/CUSTOM_PORTAL1/build.xml (No
such
> file or directory)

OK, svn update to pickup

  http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&rev=497263
  http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&rev=497266

and see if that helps

Still seeing problems with:

mvn -P tomcat,dbpsml

aggregate-pages-full:
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Error executing ant tasks

Embedded error: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\tmp\portal-2\etc\dbpsml\build.xml:80: The following error occurred
while executing this line:
C:\tmp\portal-2\etc\dbpsml\build.xml:150:
C:\tmp\portal-2\src\webapp\WEB-INF\pages not found.
[INFO]

Re: Custom Portal Build Error: basedir set incorrectly

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.