Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mike Wertheim <mw...@hyperreal.org> on 2016/09/01 18:16:31 UTC

Re: cookie-related regression in Tomcat 8.5?

I found the problem, and you're right that the cookie was failing
validation.

The app was prepending a dot to the domain name so that the cookie would
affect both the domain and all subdomains.  I understand that it's no
longer necessary to prepend the dot, and removing the prepended dot fixes
the problem.

However, this does seem to be a difference in the behavior of Tomcat 8.0
and 8.5,  It should probably be mentioned in
https://tomcat.apache.org/migration-85.html.