Posted to users@buildr.apache.org by Tal Rotbart <re...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/29 02:30:53 UTC

Any quick way of having the install target generate POMs with dependencies?

Hi all,

Essentially I am trying to get buildr to generate a POM for the
artifact with the dependencies of the project.

So that 'buildr install' generated POM would contain the dependencies
specified in the buildfile in the usual way (compile.with, test.with
etc.).

This is so a downstream project can in turn retrieve the required
dependencies for my project.

Is there a quick way of doing this that I'm missing in the
documentation or should I extend buildr?

Cheers,
Tal

Re: Any quick way of having the install target generate POMs with dependencies?

Posted by Allen Riddle <al...@gmail.com>.
Tal,

Unless something has changed, I don't think Buildr supports including
creating transitive dependencies in generated POM files.  I ran into this
when I first discovered Buildr, but changed my workflow to not depend on
them being there.  I certainly don't want to give bad information, but I
think this is the case.

Posted by Tal Rotbart <re...@gmail.com>.
Chris, your solution worked a treat. Thanks!

Cheers,
Tal

Posted by Chris Samuel <cs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tal Rotbart <re...@gmail.com>.