Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Simon Nash <na...@hursley.ibm.com> on 2007/10/21 00:08:14 UTC

Fixing TUSCANY-1849 in the 1.0.1 release

Since it appears we are going to have a 1.0.1 release, I'd like
to propose fixing TUSCANY-1849 in this release.  This would make
1.0.1 non-interoperable with 1.0, but 1.0.1 would be interoperable
with 1.1 and future releases.  The alternative is to defer this
fix until 1.1, which would make 1.0.1 interoperable with 1.0, but
1.0.1 would be non-interoperable with 1.1 and future releases.

For Tuscany users who have a distributed environment with multiple
Tuscany nodes, making this change in 1.0.1 would mean that all
Tuscany 1.0 nodes need to be upgraded to 1.0.1 at the same time.

Does anyone object to putting this change into 1.0.1?

   Simon

Re: Fixing TUSCANY-1849 in the 1.0.1 release

Posted by Simon Nash <na...@hursley.ibm.com>.
See [1] for the OASIS thread, and [2] for the Tuscany thread that agreed
on the incorrect use of wsa:To.  The proposal to use wsa:To was a mistake
on my part.  I completely missed the statement in the WS-Addressing spec
that wsa:To is a URI, unline wsa:From and wsa:EeplyTo which are endpoint
references.

   Simon

[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bindings/200710/msg00075.html
[2] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ws-tuscany-dev/200709.mbox/%3c46E651CB.5060909@hursley.ibm.com%3e

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.

--
Jean-Sebastien

Re: Fixing TUSCANY-1849 in the 1.0.1 release

Posted by Simon Nash <na...@hursley.ibm.com>.

Posted by Simon Nash <na...@hursley.ibm.com>.