Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/08 15:42:17 UTC

Release 2.0.3 approaching

Hi all,
just do a code freeze for our (long awaited) 2.0.3 release.

You can find source and binary artifacts in the usual place, here:
http://people.apache.org/~smartini/
- under the /pivot-2.0.3_maven folder there are all maven-related jars
and poms (that will be published in main Maven Repository just after
the release becomes real (after a successful vote),
- under /pivot-2.0.3_release folder there are all usual release files
(the binary and source zip and tar.gz) and other related files

Note that these are not real 2.0.3, they are a candidate and becomes
final only after the release pass the vote, so you'll have to download
them from Apache main distribution site (with worldwide mirrors), with
links from our web site.

To be able to get this release we chose to move some existing issues
(5 small things) and two others (related to Mac and input some chars
in with Asian languages) to 2.0.4 , but we'll try to get it soon.

For info, problems, on generated artifacts, etc, tell us.

Later (today, or max tomorrow) I'll start the vote  (with 7 days of duration).
Stay tuned for the result.

Bye,
Sandro

Re: Release 2.0.3 approaching

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,
due to some problems, the vote for 2.0.3 release did NOT pass, but
we'll start a new vote for 2.0.3 soon.

Thank you very much to all who participated in testing snapshots !!

Sandro

Re: Release 2.0.3 approaching

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Just created related issue, I hope to fix it soon:

Sandro

Re: Release 2.0.3 approaching

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, a last thing (for all):
please continue to make other tests with this release candidate and
tell us for problems.

Thanks,
Sandro

Re: Release 2.0.3 approaching

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lukáš,

> Today, I finally had enough time to try 2.0.3 release candidate with my
> applications and found one visual change which (for me) is not so good, but
> it is triviality.

thanks for this, and sorry for not give too much time before the vote ...

As you can see in 2.0.3 are ListViews rendered very thin when there is no
> list item selected or when item with empty string is selected.
> I think it is harder for user to use such a thin ListView and it slightly
> breaks form design.

yes, it's not so good ... but luckily probably we have to drop this release
candidate and redo a new one next week ... so we have some time to look at
this (I have already some idea) ...

At first I would like to ask you if it is wanted behaviour or bug or if
> there is a different approach for ListView initialization?

If you try with a label with " " or another flag char (like ".") as value,
all is good ?
Tell us.

Thanks,
Sandro

Re: Release 2.0.3 approaching

Posted by Lukáš Macháček <cg...@coolmail.cz>.
Hi Sandro,

Today, I finally had enough time to try 2.0.3 release candidate with my
applications and found one visual change which (for me) is not so good,
but it is triviality.

First picture is from application using Pivot 2.0.2:

Second picture is from application using Pivot 2.0.3:

As you can see in 2.0.3 are ListViews rendered very thin when there is
no list item selected or when item with empty string is selected.
I think it is harder for user to use such a thin ListView and it
slightly breaks form design.

"Show workflow for" ListView items are initialized in Java by
setListData method and "State" ListView items are initialized in BXML:
<ListButton bxml:id="stateList" listData="%workflowStates"/>

At first I would like to ask you if it is wanted behaviour or bug or if
there is a different approach for ListView initialization?

Than you very much,
Lukas