Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Kalra, Ashwani" <as...@capgemini.com> on 2005/08/01 14:43:11 UTC

html:errors tag

Hi,

I have a message defined like this in .properties file

2001={0} is required

I am passing for eg "status" for the {0}

Errors tag is printing it like this

[status] is required

Why its printing []  in the actual message ?

Thanks
Ashwani

Re: How do i connect to a database in another host? are there differences on struts configuration in linux and windows??

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
Gonzalez Aleksander wrote:
> my problem is the following. I get this error in my
> application:
>
> Servlet action is currently unavailable,

That just means that the servlet failed to initialize, which could be
caused by anything. Check your server logs for exceptions when the servlet
loads.

> I would like to know if you need to do something
> special when you are using in your applicacion a
> database that is NOT in your host but in a different
> machine

No, other than ensuring you have network connectivity between the two
machines ;-)

> here is the strut config
 >
 > [...]
>
> Another point ... are there differences when you are
> running  struts in windows and in linux. this is
> because on windows i can run the system but when i
> install on linux then i get that trouble.

Shouldn't be, and if the same configuration works on one machine but not
another I'd definitely suspect network connectivity issues. Again, your log
files should give you a better idea what's wrong.

L.
--
Laurie, Open Source advocate, Java geek and novice blogger:
http://www.holoweb.net/laurie

How do i connect to a database in another host? are there differences on struts configuration in linux and windows??

Posted by Gonzalez Aleksander <in...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

my problem is the following. I get this error in my
application:

Servlet action is currently unavailable,

I would like to know if you need to do something
special when you are using in your applicacion a
database that is NOT in your host but in a different
machine

here is the strut config

   <data-source>

     <set-property

        property="autoCommit"

        value="true"/>

     <set-property

        property="description"

        value="ConfiguraciĆ³n de la Base de Datos del
Sistema"/>

     <set-property

        property="driverClass"

        value="org.postgresql.Driver"/>

     <set-property

        property="maxCount"

        value="100"/>

     <set-property

        property="minCount"

        value="2"/>

     <set-property

        property="password"

        value=""/>

     <set-property

        property="url"

        value="jdbc:postgresql://ipmachine/oest4"/>

     <set-property

        property="user"

        value="postgres"/>

   </data-source>

ipmachine is NOT localhost.

please.

Another point ... are there differences when you are
running  struts in windows and in linux. this is
because on windows i can run the system but when i
install on linux then i get that trouble.

thank you for your help!!! i really need it!!

Aleksander Gonzalez

Re: html:errors tag

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
Kalra, Ashwani wrote:
> I have a message defined like this in .properties file
>
> 2001={0} is required
>
> I am passing for eg "status" for the {0}
>
> Errors tag is printing it like this
>
> [status] is required
>
> Why its printing []  in the actual message ?

Because that's what you've told it to ;-) Check where you pass the "status"
argument. Is it a list or some other object type besides String? You're
seeing the toString() value of whatever it is you're passing.

L.