Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Vijay Pawar <vs...@orgltd.com> on 2003/05/30 08:56:08 UTC

How to change to a different locale

Hi All,

In the struts-example.war,  there are 3 files for ApplicationResources

They are,

org.apache.webapp.example.ApplicationResources.properties,
org.apache.webapp.example.ApplicationResources_jp.properties,
org.apache.webapp.example.ApplicationResources_ru.properties,

I have the following questions :-
(1) When i execute http://localhost:8080/struts-example/
then i get all messages in english. What configuration will i have to
change so  that I can see the application in japanese or russian. i.e how
can we tell struts to use ApplicationResources_jp.properties or
ApplicaitonResources_ru.properties

(2) If i have to create a new ApplicationResources_de.properties file,
then is there any tool to convert text messages into unicode equivalents.

Suppose i have a message in German like :- Guten Tag !   meaning Good day,
how do i get the unicode equivalent of it ( I dont wish to manually
convert all characters to their unicode equivalents :0)~

Please help and advice .

Re: How to change to a different locale

Posted by Sakis Chatzinikolaou <sh...@upatras.gr>.
When I write x I mean the code for the language you want to use
For example the greek is iso-8859-7
You have to find the code for the language  you want to use

Regards
Sakis

Posted by Vijay Pawar <vs...@orgltd.com>.
Hi,