Posted to marketing@openoffice.apache.org by Rob Weir <ap...@robweir.com> on 2012/07/23 23:31:51 UTC

Fwd: OpenOffice track at ApacheCon Europe - next steps

Looks like the AOOCon "conference within a conference" proposal was
accepted. The Call For Papers for the larger conference has begun.  So
we need to set up a conference webpage and start publicizing this
ASAP.

Propose:

1) Simple one page web site for conference that we can put at
conference.openoffice.org.  This will require some simple HTML (or
Markdown text) work, along with a opening a ticket with Infra@ to
redirect the URL.  Do we need a conference logo?  Or just use the
project one?

2) Page would link to the CFP, registration info, etc.  Would also
link to a wiki page where we can further develop the schedule for the
two days, e.g., when we have normal sessions versus hack fests, etcs.

3) Publicize the above via a blog post, twitter, Google+ Facebook and
a note to the AOO announcement list (around 9000 subscribers).

Any thing else?

Any volunteers for any of the above?

-Rob

Posted by Roberto Galoppini <rg...@geek.net>.
On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 11:31 PM, Rob Weir <ap...@robweir.com> wrote:
> Looks like the AOOCon "conference within a conference" proposal was
> accepted. The Call For Papers for the larger conference has begun.  So
> we need to set up a conference webpage and start publicizing this
> ASAP.
>
> Propose:
>
> 1) Simple one page web site for conference that we can put at
> conference.openoffice.org.  This will require some simple HTML (or
> Markdown text) work, along with a opening a ticket with Infra@ to
> redirect the URL.  Do we need a conference logo?  Or just use the
> project one?
>
> 2) Page would link to the CFP, registration info, etc.  Would also
> link to a wiki page where we can further develop the schedule for the
> two days, e.g., when we have normal sessions versus hack fests, etcs.
>
> 3) Publicize the above via a blog post, twitter, Google+ Facebook and
> a note to the AOO announcement list (around 9000 subscribers).
>
> Any thing else?

Craft a customized AOO ads for the Carousel (see
http://sourceforge.net/directory) pointing to that page.

ok?

Roberto

--