Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Steve Brewin <sb...@synsys.com> on 2004/04/03 17:13:09 UTC

RE: Need location for new class: o.a.javamail or o.a.mailet

Hi All,

I believe the conclusion of this discusssion was to use
org.apache.james.util.mail. I haven't committed anything yet as Noel as been
hard at work producing v2.2.0a17 (thanks).

Now that's done, I'm planning to commit the proposed changes, unless someone
knows of a reason not to. Please shout if you do!

Also, are we still trying to apply parallel changes to v2 & v3 or just
applying changes to v2 now?

-- Steve

RE: Need location for new class: o.a.javamail or o.a.mailet

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> I believe the conclusion of this discusssion was to use
> org.apache.james.util.mail.

Works for me.

> I'm planning to commit the proposed changes, unless someone
> knows of a reason not to. Please shout if you do!

Risk?  As I understand them, there is no downside risk in terms of existing
code.  On that basis, I'd say go for it.

> Also, are we still trying to apply parallel changes to v2 & v3 or
> just applying changes to v2 now?

These are enabling Soren to add the DNSBounce Mailet, and don't touch either
the Mailet or Avalon API?  If so, commit to v3 first, followed by v2 (CVS is
happier when things are committed to MAIN before a branch).

FWIW, I found these two messages from Bill Shannon to be apropos:

http://archives.java.sun.com/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0403&L=javamail-interest&F=&S=
&P=2999

http://archives.java.sun.com/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0404&L=javamail-interest&F=&S=
&P=176