Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Carl Ludewig <ca...@destinymusic.com> on 2001/03/26 07:01:13 UTC

Torque data types

Recent Torque problems we've been having seem to related to our use of
Sybase TEXT and DATETIME data types. What are the recommended Torque
types which we should be using for these? (TEXT and DATETIME are not
mentioned in config/torque.types.)

Thanks,
Carl

Re: Torque data types

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@collab.net>.
Daniel Rall <dl...@collab.net> writes:

> For DATETIME, I recommend either DATE TIME (not TIMESTAMP).
                                       ^
                                  DATE or TIME

Re: Torque data types

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@collab.net>.
Carl Ludewig <ca...@destinymusic.com> writes:

> Recent Torque problems we've been having seem to related to our use of
> Sybase TEXT and DATETIME data types. What are the recommended Torque
> types which we should be using for these? (TEXT and DATETIME are not
> mentioned in config/torque.types.)

I've been using LONGVARCHAR as the equivalent of MySQL's TEXT type.
For DATETIME, I recommend either DATE TIME (not TIMESTAMP).

Daniel

Re: Torque data types

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 3/25/01 9:01 PM, "Carl Ludewig" <ca...@destinymusic.com> wrote:

> Recent Torque problems we've been having seem to related to our use of
> Sybase TEXT and DATETIME data types. What are the recommended Torque
> types which we should be using for these? (TEXT and DATETIME are not
> mentioned in config/torque.types.)
>
> Thanks,
> Carl

What daniel said + make sure to grab the latest village.jar from turbine's
cvs...

-jon