Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it> on 2007/08/09 10:11:39 UTC

What about moving example and exampleext to specialpurpose?

Hi all,

what about moving the "example" and "exampleext" components from the
framework to the specialpurpose folder?

Jacopo

Re: What about moving example and exampleext to specialpurpose?

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
I consider these to be a pretty basic part of the framework.

Part of the intent is to demonstrate best practices for using the framework in an artificial and simplified context. This will hopefully also be used for testing at some point in the future.

We could do all of that with it in the specialpurpose directory, but part of the intent of the organization of the directories of components is to separate things in the project, and we want to have and framework-only release/distribution at some point, and having the example component in it would be valuable (especially as we do more of the above mentioned with it).

-David