Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/28 23:29:23 UTC

Testing 1.0-rc3

Hi,

With the 1.0 blocker issues resolved (thanks, Roy!) and 1.0-rc3
packaged, we are getting quite close to the release of Apache
Jackrabbit 1.0.

To avoid any unexpected problems I'd like to ask all of you to try out
the 1.0-rc3 packages at
http://people.apache.org/~jukka/jackrabbit/1.0-rc3/. I've run the
release candidate through the normal test cases (note that two
observation unit test failures are expected, see JCR-374) and a set of
custom tests with no unexpected erros, but there is no way for me to
validate the release for all the use cases and deployments out there.
So please take a moment to deploy 1.0-rc3 in your environment and
report back on any possible problems! Doing so will help us have the
best possible 1.0 release.

There should be no major backwards compatibility issues with 0.9 or
any recent svn checkouts, but note the reindexing requirement (caused
by JCR-257) mentioned in the release notes.

I'd also like someone from Day to run the release candidate through
the JSR 170 TCK and handle the related administrative issues (Roy
mentioned something about updating the exclude list). Please report
back with the conformance results. I will start the release vote once
the conformance testing is successfully done.

BR,

Jukka Zitting