Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Jack Tsai <ja...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/20 22:38:16 UTC

Intend to participate in GSOC 2020

Hi all,

First of all, nice to meet you. I am the Apache committer from Apache IoTDB
(incubating) and also the student studying in UK.

I had viewed the ideas list of Apache this year and saw some great ideas at
Beam’s part. Especially the BeamSQL aggregation analytics and Daffodil IO
sound interesting to me. I have some related experiences in developing the
function of SQL while I was doing IoTDB. It seems like I could help the
community with my experience.

Is there any advice for me to get started with Beam? Or could the potential
mentors give me some guides about these ideas you listed on the page ? I would
really appreciate it.

Best regards,

Jack Tsai (id: tsaitsunghan)

Re: Intend to participate in GSOC 2020

Posted by Rui Wang <ru...@google.com>.
Hello Jack,

Regarding how to get started with Beam, as you are pursuing tasks in GSOC
2020, each task involves different components of Beam so the way to start
will differ. It would be better to ask the Jira creator.

You could directly ask your questions in GSOC 2020 Jiras. For me I opened
the SQL one [1] and just updated with my email. Feel free to send emails if
you have non-jira related questions.

[1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-9198

-Rui