Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org> on 2018/01/31 14:16:19 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Sling Starter 10 + associated testing projects and archetypes (take 3)

Hi,

Update note: I've chosen to respin the Starter release a second time
with the same version, for 2 reasons:

- it would generate confusion to skip a release
- chances of anyone depending on the staged slingstart are slim

If anyone thinks otherwise, I'll restart the release vote as Sling 11.
----

Time to release Sling 10. This year I've added all the testing
projects, to retain what was working at the time of the release and the
archetypes, to allow users to start using the new features immediately
rather than releasing them separately.

This has lead to a rather large release though.

The following artifacts, with the associated changelogs, are included
in this release

- Apache Sling Starter 10
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SLING/versions/12340941 (13
issues)

- Apache Sling Launchpad Testing 10
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SLING/versions/12317575 (33
issues)

- Apache Sling Launchpad Testing WAR 10
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SLING/versions/12342164 (0
issues)

- Apache Sling Launchpad Integration Tests 1.0.6
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SLING/versions/12341715 (0
issues)

- Apache Sling Launchpad Test Bundles 0.0.4 (no changelog)
- Apache Sling Launchpad Testing Fragment Bundle 2.0.14 (no changelog)

- Apache Sling Launchpad Testing Services 2.0.14
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SLING/versions/12338823 (2
issues)

- Apache Sling Launchpad Testing Services WAR 2.0.14 (no changelog)

- Apache Sling Archetype Parent 5
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SLING/versions/12333898 (2
issues)

- Apache Sling Bundle Archetype 1.0.6
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING/fixforversion/12333900 (2
issues)

- Apache Sling JCRInstall Bundle Archetype 1.0.6
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING/fixforversion/12333901 (2
issues)

- Apache Sling Initial Content Archetype 1.0.6
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING/fixforversion/12333902 (2
issues)

- Apache Sling Slingstart Archetype 1.0.6
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING/fixforversion/12340954 (2
issues)

Staging repositories:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachesling-1857
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachesling-1868

You can use this UNIX script to download the release and verify the
signatures:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=sling-tooling-release.git;a=blob;
f=check_staged_release.sh;hb=HEAD

Usage:
sh check_staged_release.sh 1857 /tmp/sling-stagingsh
sh check_staged_release.sh 1868 /tmp/sling-staging

Please vote to approve this release:

  [ ] +1 Approve the release
  [ ]  0 Don't care
  [ ] -1 Don't release, because ...

This majority vote is open for at least 72 hours, but I'd be more than
happy to allow extensions if anyone needs more time to validate the
release.

Thanks,

Robert

RE: [VOTE] Release Apache Sling Starter 10 + associated testing projects and archetypes (take 3)

Posted by Stefan Seifert <ss...@pro-vision.de>.
>Perhaps we can have a 'latest' redirect which we update?

yes, i think this would be a good solution.

stefan

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Sling Starter 10 + associated testing projects and archetypes (take 3)

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 2018-01-31 at 16:45 +0000, Stefan Seifert wrote:
> +1
>
> btw - i've found some outdated links on the intro page of sling
> starter. not a blocker for this release, but we should fix them for
> the next one

Good points.

> reference / API documentation -> points to sling 9 API

I am not sure how to best handle this. When working with the
launchpad.content the next starter version is not released.

Perhaps we can have a 'latest' redirect which we update?

> reference / source code, sample application -> points to old sling
> git mirror

Filed SLING-7460 [1] fir that.

Robert

[1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-7460

RE: [VOTE] Release Apache Sling Starter 10 + associated testing projects and archetypes (take 3)

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
+1

Robert Munteanu wrote

--
Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Sling Starter 10 + associated testing projects and archetypes (take 3)

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
Hi,

The vote has passed with the following result :

+1 (binding): Carsten Ziegeler, Stefan Seifert, Karl Pauls, Daniel
Klco, Robert Munteanu

I will copy this release to the Sling dist directory and promote the
artifacts to the central Maven repository.

Note that I will announce the release I've done the rest of the
release-specific tasks, such as release notes, docker image, etc. This
will likely be on Monday.

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Daniel Klco <dk...@apache.org>.
+1