Posted to user@manifoldcf.apache.org by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/14 11:32:54 UTC

Re: ManifoldCF status of index

Hi Smitha,

Please send inquiries of this kind to user@manifoldcf.apache.org.

There are numerous resources describing the ManifoldCF schema, including
chapters 10, 11, and 12 of ManifoldCF In Action:
https://manifoldcfinaction.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/pdfs/

Quick answers:

(1) Yes, ManifoldCF keeps track of document status in the database.
(2) Yes, ManifoldCF knows whether the document was successfully indexed or
not.
(3) If indexing fails for some reason, ManifoldCF is aware of that and will
retry the document for a while (according to the nature of the failure and
the way the connector deals with that particular failure), and if the
problem persists, will either give up on the document, or abort the job.
The output connector implementation determines the exact path here.

If, however, you SPECIFICALLY break an index by, say, deleting it, or
changing the Solr schema, you have to tell MCF that you changed things out
from under it.  See the end-user documentation for a description of the
buttons available on every output connection view page for dealing with
modifications of this kind.

Thanks,
Karl