Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Tom Schneider <sc...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/09 16:39:05 UTC

Guest security in 1.1-beta-3

I'd like to configure the guest account in Continuum 1.1-beta-3 to work like
it did in 1.0.3.  The guest account should only be able to see the projects
and kick off a build manually, but not add a project or do any other
administrative tasks. (Essentially the guest behavior in 1.0.3)  Is there a
way to do this?

None of the built-in roles support this subset of access.  From what I can
tell, the role 'Continuum Group Project User' allows a user to see the
projects, but not kick off a build manually.  The role 'Continuum Group
Project Developer' allows a user to kick off a build, but also to added new
poms and other stuff that I don't want guest to do.

Re: Guest security in 1.1-beta-3

Posted by Tom Schneider <sc...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the pointers to the source.  After I looked a little closer, I
realized the guest user only had access to add new modules to the existing
project, not to add new project groups.  This seems reasonable to me.  (Or
at least not a big enough deal for me to dig into the source code)  I would
be more concerned about letting guest users add new project groups.  I've
just finished migrating most of our existing projects over to 1.1-beta3, so
overall I've been pretty happy with 1.1.

OT: I did checkout hudson to see where they are at.  With hudson, the big
missing functionality for me was it doesn't pick up email notifiers from the
pom for build notification.

Thanks for your assistance,
Tom

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Posted by Tom Schneider <sc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
I am experiencing the same issue, +1 to get this feature back.
want to file a JIRA ?

-D