Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by "Subramanian, Mani P [IT]" <Ma...@sprint.com> on 2006/02/23 17:47:21 UTC

Apache commons-httpclient - sending objects

Hi Team,
We would like to use the apache commons-httpclient 3.0 and its timeout
feature. We see a org.apache.commons.httpclient.util.HttpURLConnection
class for usage. Has this been used to reliably to pass java
(serializable) objects betwee client and server. Thanks

Fear Less, Hope More
 <<Subramanian, Mani P [ITS].vcf>>

Re: Apache commons-httpclient - sending objects

Posted by Michael Becke <mb...@gmail.com>.
Hello Mani,

It is certainly possible to use HttpClient to send/receive serialized
objects.  Being that HttpClient is content agnostic you can really
send whatever you would like.  I would however not recommend using
HttpURLConnection.  This class is really just a partially implemented
wrapper around HttpMethod objects.  Please have a look at the
HttpClient tutorial for how to get started:

<http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/tutorial.html>

Mike