Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by "pacoolsky ." <pp...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/09 11:37:55 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Sling Dynamic Include donation proposal

On behalf of Cognifide I would like to donate Sling Dynamic Include (SDI)
as extension to Apache Sling project.

SDI allows you to include dynamic page fragments (components) using ESI,
SSI or AJAX tags, separately from the static part of the page. Actually it
makes possible to cache partially dynamic pages, in declarative way and
without additional development effort.

You can find more information about the SDI on the github [0] and on
Cognifide's blog [1].
I created ticket SLING-5594 [2] to track donation process and I'm currently
preparing a code package.

[0] https://github.com/Cognifide/Sling-Dynamic-Include
[1] https://www.cognifide.com/our-blogs/cq/sling-dynamic-include/
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-5594

Thanks, Przemyslaw Pakulski

Re: [PROPOSAL] Sling Dynamic Include donation proposal

Posted by "pacoolsky ." <pp...@gmail.com>.
I think you are right, it does not have to be like that. I don't think so
there is a need to export anything, unless someone would like to extend the
library or reuse some classes somehow which is not likely.

I will double check, and 'll update the pom file before submitting the
sources.

Przemek

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 11:37 AM, pacoolsky . <pp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...On behalf of Cognifide I would like to donate Sling Dynamic Include (SDI)
> as extension to Apache Sling project....

Thanks for this! It looks like there's interest, I have started a vote
to accept the donation in a separate thread on this list.

-Bertrand

Re: [PROPOSAL] Sling Dynamic Include donation proposal

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Hi,

thanks for the donation. This is really a great addition!

Regards
Carsten

Pacoolsky . wrote

--