Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com> on 2015/04/28 11:10:42 UTC

One cartridge never get activated

Hi,

I deployed the below application definition in Mock IaaS. All the
cartridges and groups get activated except for esb.

  {
    "alias": "mycompositeapp",
    "applicationId": "my-compositeapp",
    "components": {
      "groups": [
        {
          "name": "app-group",
          "alias": "my-appgroup",
          "cartridges": [
            {
              "type": "tomcat",
              "cartridgeMax": 2,
              "cartridgeMin": 1,
              "subscribableInfo": {
                "alias": "my-tomcat",
                "artifactRepository": {
                  "alias": "my-tomcat",
                  "privateRepo": true,
                  "repoPassword": "password",
                  "repoUrl": "http://xxx:10080/git/default.git",
                  "repoUsername": "user"
                },
                "autoscalingPolicy": "autoscaling-policy-1",
                "deploymentPolicy": "deployment-policy-2"
              }
            },
            {
              "type": "php",
              "cartridgeMax": 2,
              "cartridgeMin": 1,
              "subscribableInfo": {
                "alias": "my-php",
                "artifactRepository": {

                  "privateRepo": true,
                  "repoPassword": "password",
                  "repoUrl": "http://xxx:10080/git/default.git",
                  "repoUsername": "user"
                },
                "autoscalingPolicy": "autoscaling-policy-1",
                "deploymentPolicy": "deployment-policy-2"
              }
            }
          ],
          "groupMaxInstances": 2,
          "groupMinInstances": 1,
          "groupScalingEnabled": true
        },
        {
          "name": "db-group",
          "alias": "my-dbgroup",
          "cartridges": [
            {
              "type": "postgres",
              "cartridgeMax": 2,
              "cartridgeMin": 1,
              "subscribableInfo": {
                "alias": "my-postgres",
                "artifactRepository": {
                  "alias": "my-postgres",
                  "privateRepo": false,
                  "repoPassword": "password",
                  "repoUrl": "http://xxx:10080/git/default.git",
                  "repoUsername": "user"
                },
                "autoscalingPolicy": "autoscaling-policy-1",
                "deploymentPolicy": "deployment-policy-2"
              }
            },
            {
              "type": "mysql",
              "cartridgeMax": 2,
              "cartridgeMin": 1,
              "subscribableInfo": {
                "alias": "my-mysql",
                "artifactRepository": {
                  "alias": "my-mysql",
                  "privateRepo": true,
                  "repoPassword": "password",
                  "repoUrl": "http://xxx:10080/git/default.git",
                  "repoUsername": "user"
                },
                "autoscalingPolicy": "autoscaling-policy-1",
                "deploymentPolicy": "deployment-policy-2"
              }
            }
          ],
          "groupMaxInstances": 2,
          "groupMinInstances": 1,
          "groupScalingEnabled": true
        }
      ],
      "cartridges": [
        {
          "type": "esb",
          "cartridgeMax": 2,
          "cartridgeMin": 1,
          "subscribableInfo": {
            "alias": "my-esb",
            "artifactRepository": {
              "privateRepo": true,
              "repoPassword": "password",
              "repoUrl": "http://xxx:10080/git/default.git",
              "repoUsername": "user"
            },
            "autoscalingPolicy": "autoscaling-policy-1",
            "deploymentPolicy": "deployment-policy-2"
          }
        }
      ],
      "dependencies": {
        "scalingDependants": {
          "@xsi.nil": "true"
        },
        "startupOrders": [
          "group.dbgroup,group.appgroup","group.appgroup,cartridge.my-esb"
        ],
        "terminationBehaviour": "terminate-none"
      }
    }
  }

​
--

Udara Liyanage
Software Engineer

web: http://udaraliyanage.wordpress.com
phone: +94 71 443 6897

Re: One cartridge never get activated

Posted by Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com>.
Hi Reka,

It became activated with the following configs. Thanks for the support.
"startupOrders": [

"group.my-dbgroup,group.my-appgroup","group.my-dbgroup,cartridge.my-esb"
        ],

[cid:image001.png@01D081AA.FDF6D5A0]
​
--

Udara Liyanage
Software Engineer
lean. enterprise. middleware
web: http://udaraliyanage.wordpress.com
phone: +94 71 443 6897<tel:%2B94%2071%20443%206897>

--
Imesh Gunaratne

Senior Technical Lead, WSO2
Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos

--
Reka Thirunavukkarasu
Senior Software Engineer,

Re: One cartridge never get activated

Posted by Reka Thirunavukkarasu <re...@wso2.com>.
Hi Udara,

wrote:

>  I think this looks similar to the issue I reported a few days ago ?

Reka Thirunavukkarasu
Senior Software Engineer,
WSO2, Inc.:http://wso2.com,
Mobile: +94776442007