Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by black gaff <jo...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/28 17:06:09 UTC

Re: Can Sampler of Http Request implement WebService(SOAP) Request??

snail wrote:

>       I planned to use the WebService(SOAP) Request, but it has limitation
> that Parsing XML is CPU intensive. Therefore, do not set the thread count
> too high,10 threads will consume 100%.

That's odd...I've been testing SOAP requests for the last several months and
have not had this issue.  I've tested 10, 25 and 50 threads.  Perhaps your
soap responses are significantly larger then mine?

Do you have the same issue with the SOAP/XML sampler and the WebService
Sampler?  Do you also get the same issue with HTTP requests?

Re: Can Sampler of Http Request implement WebService(SOAP) Request??

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 28 October 2010 16:06, black gaff <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> snail wrote:
>>
>>       I planned to use the WebService(SOAP) Request, but it has limitation
>> that Parsing XML is CPU intensive. Therefore, do not set the thread count
>> too high,10 threads will consume 100%.
>>

> That's odd...I've been testing SOAP requests for the last several months and
> have not had this issue.  I've tested 10, 25 and 50 threads.  Perhaps your
> soap responses are significantly larger then mine?

It's not an error message - this is just text on the WebService sampler GUI.

It should perhaps be removed (or toned down), as technology and the
code has moved on since it was originally implemented.