Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Chen Qin <qi...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/06 05:19:40 UTC

Make SubmittedJobGraphStore configurable

​Hi there,

​I would like to propose/discuss median level refactor work to make
submittedJobGraphStore configurable and extensible.

The rationale behind is to allow users offload those meta data to durable
cross dc read after write strong consistency storage and decouple with zk
quorum.
​

<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-7106>
New configurable setting in flink.conf
​ looks like following

g​
raph
​-s
tore:
​customized/zookeeper
g​
raph
​-s
tore​.class: xx.yy.MyS3SubmittedJobGraphStore​Imp

g​
raph
​-s
tore.
​endpoint
: s3.amazonaws.com
g​
raph
​-s
tore.path.root:
​s3:/
​
/
​my root/​

Thanks,
Chen

Re: Make SubmittedJobGraphStore configurable

Posted by Chen Qin <qi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Till,

As far as I know there is interests of keep job graphs recoverable from shared zk hiccups. Or standalone mode with customized leader election.

I plan to spend a bit time prototyping back up to Amazon S3. Will keep folks updated as along as I got happy pass going.

Thanks,
Chen

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chen Qin <qi...@gmail.com>.