Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by David Schulberg <ds...@redrock.com.au> on 2005/02/17 06:07:20 UTC

Spline visualiser for FTP Request scenario

Ran up the FTP request scenario (User Guide Chap 8) and I have some problems with the results. I have 3 listeners - Spline Visualizer, View Results Tree and Graph Results. 8 FTP requests are made on each test run.
1. The Spline Visualizer doesn't work first time (I assume because I need a minimum of 10 samples?) and when it does draw the written results shown don't correlate with the numbers from the View Results Tree. The Minimum was correct and the Incoming which I assume to be the last request result did match, but the Maximum and Average did not. I ran another test and the results did improve overall in that the Maximum was now correct but the Average still was not.
2. The Graph Results are drawn with a very long x axis dimension so that the results are crammed into a miserly fraction of the graphing area and are therefore not viewable in a useful way.

Regards,

David Schulberg
Redrock Communications
email: dschulberg@redrock.com.au

Attention:

The information in this electronic mail is privileged and
confidential, intended only for use of the individual or entity named.
If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, copying or
use of the information is strictly prohibited.  If you have received
this transmission in error, please delete it immediately from your
system and inform us via e-mail : ops@redrock.com.au

This e-mail has been scanned and cleared by MailMarshal

Re: Testing jmeter with images downloaded

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
that depends. if the images are big, it's not jmeter's fault. most
likely it is network IO that is slow. you can see some benchmark
numbers for tomcat I recently posted.

http://cvs.apache.org/~woolfel/tc_results.html

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/articles/benchmark_summary.pdf

peter

Re: Spline visualiser for FTP Request scenario

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
the spline visualizer works best with lots of samples from my
experience. The graph results like wise was designed to handle tests
with a large number of samples.

keep in mind many of these graphs are designed for stress testing and
not ideal for showing results of a functional test. There's a new
distribution graph in the nightly build, which you might want to try.
I don't know if it is what you're looking for.

from your description it's hard to figure out if your goal is
functional or stress testing.

peter