Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Hracek, Petr" <pe...@siemens-enterprise.com> on 2009/06/24 09:12:22 UTC

Adding jar files to stratup sequence of tomcat

Hello *,

sory for bother you with this question but I have a little problem.
In the last version of the tomcat (3.2.1) which I have been used I've
add
some classes (connection to the Informix database). Afterwards some
applets has been working because of they found connection classes to the
relevant database.

Is there any way how to add those classes to the tomcat so that I will
not add these classes directly
to catalina.sh running script (stored in /usr/share/tomcat5/bin/)?

Thank you in advance
Petr

RE: Adding jar files to stratup sequence of tomcat

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Hracek, Petr [mailto:petr.hracek@siemens-enterprise.com]
> Subject: Adding jar files to stratup sequence of tomcat
>
> Afterwards some applets has been working because of they
> found connection classes to the relevant database.

Applets?  Applets run in the client system's JVM, not the JVM Tomcat runs in; do you mean servlets?

> Is there any way how to add those classes to the tomcat so
> that I will not add these classes directly to catalina.sh
> running script (stored in /usr/share/tomcat5/bin/)?

If you mean servlets above, then read the doc:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html

JDBC driver classes are normally placed in Tomcat's common/lib or common/classes directory.

If you really meant applets, you have to place the library classes where they can be downloaded by the client JVM; they're not used by Tomcat or your webapps, and must be available like any other static resource that the client might access.

Anything you knew about configuring Tomcat 3 is pretty much ignorable - read the doc for the level you're using.

 - Chuck