Posted to user@spark.apache.org by manish gupta <to...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/01 05:43:26 UTC

Spark Executor pod not getting created on kubernetes cluster

Hi Team

I am trying to create a spark cluster on kubernetes with rbac enabled using
spark submit job. I am using spark-2.4.1 version.
Spark submit is able to launch the driver pod by contacting Kubernetes API
server but executor Pod is not getting launched. I can see the below
warning message in the driver pod logs.

*19/09/27 10:16:01 INFO TaskSchedulerImpl: Adding task set 0.0 with 3
tasks19/09/27 10:16:16 WARN TaskSchedulerImpl: Initial job has not accepted
any resources; check your cluster UI to ensure that workers are registered
and have sufficient resources*

I have faced this issue in standalone spark clusters and resolved it but
not sure how to resolve this issue in kubernetes. I have not given any
ResourceQuota configuration in kubernetes rbac yaml file and there is ample
memory and cpu available for any new pod/container to be launched.

Any leads/pointers to resolve this issue would be of great help.

Thanks and Regards
Manish Gupta

RE: [External Sender] Spark Executor pod not getting created on kubernetes cluster

Posted by manishgupta88 <to...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Abhisehk I was able to resolve the issue.

I was building an assembly jar which has some unwanted spring and netty
classes. Because of which I was getting that exception.

Posted by "Rao, Abhishek (Nokia - IN/Bangalore)" <ab...@nokia.com>.
Hi Manish,

Is this issue resolved? If not, please check the overlay network of your cluster once. We had faced similar issues when we had problems with overlay networking.
In our case, executor had spawned, but the communication with driver and executor had failed (due to issues with overlay network) and we were seeing similar logs.

One way to quickly check this is to quarantine all worker nodes except one. This way both driver and executor will be launched on same worker node. If driver/executor communication happens in this case, then it is confirmed that we have issue with overlay network.

Thanks and Regards,
Abhishek

Posted by manish gupta <to...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Prudhvi Chennuru (CONT)" <pr...@capitalone.com>.