Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Alexey Kuznetsov <ak...@gridgain.com> on 2015/06/29 09:33:19 UTC

Web config download

Igniters,

We are working on Ignite Web Config (ignite-843) and very close to first
version of it.
As usual everything could be launched from sources, but for usability issue
I'm thinking
about a kind of installer for web config.

In web config we are using: nodejs, mongodb, angular.

Does any one has experience of packaging web applications for later
deployment?

Any ideas are very appreciated.

--
Alexey Kuznetsov
GridGain Systems

Re: Web config download

Posted by Sergey Evdokimov <se...@gridgain.com>.
We don't have enough users to heavy load. Heavy load cannot be a problem
for WebConfig.

Re: Web config download

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
My comments are below...

On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 7:01 PM, Andrey Novikov <no...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If we try to switch from
> node.js:
> Need implements authorization and authentication from scratch.

I was thinking a table in H2: userId | username | pswdhash

> Need implement integration with less, jade.

Aren't these the tools to generate HTML and CSS? What would need to be done
differently here?

> Need rewrite rest logic.
> mongo:
> We use mongo specific query by json. Need transform this to relation model.

No need to use relational mode. I was thinking a table in H2: userId |
jsonString . Then use JSonPath to search through the string in code.1

> We store user session and account in mongo using node.js module. Need
> write from scratch such integration.

Can you check if there is something equivalent in Java?

Re: Web config download

Posted by Alexey Kuznetsov <ak...@gridgain.com>.
>> Need implement integration with less, jade.
For now JADE  could be used from command line and generate html pages.
Later we could replace JADE with native java template engine.

Web Storm/Idea could generate css from less on the fly, no integration
needed.

>>We use mongo specific query by json. Need transform this to relation
model.
We use VERY simple model for now.
All we need is ID, USER_ID, SPACE_ID, JSON (as Text/blob)

The most hard thing so far is  authorization and authentication.
But I hope that it is already solved and we could find a solution in Google.

--
Alexey Kuznetsov
GridGain Systems

Re: Web config download

Posted by Andrey Novikov <no...@gmail.com>.
If we try to switch from

Re: Web config download

Posted by Sergi Vladykin <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: Web config download

Posted by Alexey Kuznetsov <ak...@gridgain.com>.
I think we could continue with AngularJS and Bootstrap for frontend.

--
Alexey Kuznetsov
GridGain Systems

Re: Web config download

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
How about the rest of the stack?

Re: Web config download

Posted by Alexey Kuznetsov <ak...@gridgain.com>.

--
Alexey Kuznetsov
GridGain Systems

Re: Web config download

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
We are still going to need node.js, right?

Re: Web config download

Posted by Alexey Kuznetsov <ak...@gridgain.com>.
Just my thoughts.

--
Alexey Kuznetsov
GridGain Systems

Re: Web config download

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.

Re: Web config download

Posted by Sergi Vladykin <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: Web config download

Posted by Sergi Vladykin <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: Web config download

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
Guys,

Re: Web config download

Posted by Sergi Vladykin <se...@gmail.com>.
Guys,

Re: Web config download

Posted by Sergey Evdokimov <se...@gridgain.com>.
> 1. How many connections Jetty + H2 could handle?
> Do you have any experience?

I didn't use Jetty for production deployment, but there is no problem with
high load:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3834599/is-jetty-ever-used-for-production-deployment

> 2. What is the best way to store JSON into db and later read JSON from db?
What the JSON ? WebConfig stores Ignite configuration, it's a Java object.

Using unknown technology like Node.js slowly development a lot. It is a
pity to waste time learning Node.js as I will never use it in the future.
Node.js is not in java world, java developers write server side on java,
not on JavaScript.

Re: Web config download

Posted by Alexey Kuznetsov <ak...@gridgain.com>.
Sergey,