Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> on 2002/09/03 12:34:04 UTC

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs STATUS

On Fri, 30 Aug 2002, Joshua Slive wrote:

> > Perhaps we should clarify this in some way. IMO one list would be enough
> > (docs-project/translations.html), and two list only make things a little bit
> > harder to maintain and overlook.
> >
> > If there is no way to contact the authors, I would like to remove the below
> > list from the STATUS file because its somehow more confusing than useful.
>
> +1 on removing the list from STATUS.

+1 also. It's not only confusing, it's actively misleading. Are those
translations *really* in progress? I've not seen much evidence of that.
It would be a shame if a willing participant was turned away by thinking
that someone else was already doing a translation, so there was no need
of their help.

Better just to have a pointer here to the doc on the docs-project site.

--
Rich Bowen
Apache - mod_perl - Perl - CGI