Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Matt Broadstone <mb...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/01 16:25:42 UTC

qpid 0.34 acl issues with auth=no

Hi,
I've got a TravisCI job that runs a set of integration tests against qpid,
and I'm using the newly uploaded qpidd 0.34 for ubuntu, from the
`qpid/testing` PPA. I generally run the tests with auth disabled, using the
following travis configuration:

before_script:
  - sudo add-apt-repository ppa:qpid/testing -y
  - sudo apt-get update -q
  - sudo apt-get install qpidd qpid-tools
  - sudo sh -c 'echo "auth=no" >> /etc/qpid/qpidd.conf'
  - sudo /etc/init.d/qpidd restart
  - sudo qpid-config add queue test.disposition.queue

This worked perfectly fine with 0.32, however when I run this now I get the
following error for the last line (queue creation):

Failed: SessionException: ExecutionException(error_code=403,
command_id=serial(0), class_code=8, command_code=1, field_index=0,
description=u'unauthorized-access: ACL denied queue create request from
anonymous (qpid/broker/Broker.cpp:894)', error_info={}, channel=1,
id=serial(0))

Is there something that's changed wrt ACLs and/or auth=no in version 0.34?

Regards,
Matt

Re: qpid 0.34 acl issues with auth=no

Posted by Matt Broadstone <mb...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 10:25 AM, Matt Broadstone <mb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I've got a TravisCI job that runs a set of integration tests against qpid,
> and I'm using the newly uploaded qpidd 0.34 for ubuntu, from the
> `qpid/testing` PPA. I generally run the tests with auth disabled, using the
> following travis configuration:
>
> before_script:
>   - sudo add-apt-repository ppa:qpid/testing -y
>   - sudo apt-get update -q
>   - sudo apt-get install qpidd qpid-tools
>   - sudo sh -c 'echo "auth=no" >> /etc/qpid/qpidd.conf'
>   - sudo /etc/init.d/qpidd restart
>   - sudo qpid-config add queue test.disposition.queue
>
> This worked perfectly fine with 0.32, however when I run this now I get
> the following error for the last line (queue creation):
>
> Failed: SessionException: ExecutionException(error_code=403,
> command_id=serial(0), class_code=8, command_code=1, field_index=0,
> description=u'unauthorized-access: ACL denied queue create request from
> anonymous (qpid/broker/Broker.cpp:894)', error_info={}, channel=1,
> id=serial(0))
>
> Is there something that's changed wrt ACLs and/or auth=no in version 0.34?
>
> Regards,
> Matt

False alarm, this was due to the fact that I hadn't built the precise
packages for ubuntu and it was defaulting back to the 0.14 version included
in precise.

Matt