Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/16 16:21:20 UTC

[VOTE] Graduate from Incubator and become a top-level project

Hi all,

Following upon our [DISCUSSION] Graduation of The (incubating) Apache
Trafodion Project
<https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/8e00251a72a5e3f667fbcfc319c0213ad86ff21839e98e0ae68520e3@%3Cdev.trafodion.apache.org%3E>

I herby propose that we graduate from incubating and have our Apache
Trafodion Project established as an independent  (and top-level ASF)
project. According to The Graduation Process
<https://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#the_graduation_process> a
vote is not required, but votes provided shows that the project is ready to
embark on the next phase in its lifecycle. So please all come forward and
express your vote.

Votes from our Mentors (Jacques, Michael) will count as binding votes.

Vote options are:
+1 - meaning: Yes, I want the project to graduate
-1 - meaning: No, I don't want the project to graduate
+0 - meaning: Abstain

A normal majority (50% of the number of voters+ 1 vote) will be applicable.

Here is my vote: +1

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
OFBiz based solutions & services

OEM - The OFBiz Extensions Marketplace1
http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/
1 not affiliated to (and not endorsed by) the OFBiz project

Re: [VOTE] Graduate from Incubator and become a top-level project

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

Thank you to all of you for taking the time to vote. I will close this vote
and will call the result in a separate thread/notification. And start the
discussion in the general ml of the Incubator project.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

回复:RE: [VOTE] Graduate from Incubator and become a top-level project

Posted by 苏锦佩 <87...@qq.com>.
+1

Best Regards.
Jinpei

Posted by "Wang, Ling (Elaine)" <li...@esgyn.cn>.
+1

Posted by "Liu, Lei" <le...@esgyn.cn>.
+1

Posted by 王贺 <wa...@ppdai.com>.
+1

Posted by "Xu, Kai-Hua (Kevin)" <ka...@esgyn.cn>.
+1

Best Regards,
Kevin Xu

Posted by "Yang, Peng-Peng" <pe...@esgyn.cn>.
+1

Regards,
Pengpeng

Posted by "Liu, Yuan (Yuan)" <yu...@esgyn.cn>.
+1

Best regards,
Yuan

Posted by Magic Fan <ma...@hotmail.com>.
+1.

Posted by Zalo Correa <za...@esgyn.com>.
+1

Zalo

This vote will run at least the obligatory (and minimum) number of hours:
72 hrs.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM<http://ORRTIZ.COM> <http://www.orrtiz.com> OFBiz based solutions & services

Posted by Eric Owhadi <er...@esgyn.com>.
+1,
Eric Owhadi

Posted by Amanda Moran <am...@gmail.com>.
+1

How exciting!

Posted by Venkat Muthuswamy <ve...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
+1

Posted by Suresh Subbiah <su...@gmail.com>.
+1.

Thanks
Suresh

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.

Re: RAT, how is it done ? [was Re: [VOTE] Graduate from Incubator and become a top-level project]

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Thanks Ming,

Where can I find the result?

Jacques

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

I would say that the result of each RAT check needs to be retained and
archived, But how is still unclear to me.

I tried to access the https://github.com/apache/
incubator-trafodion/pull/1303
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-trafodion/pull/13032017-11-17> in the
earlier email, but it went to a 404.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
OFBiz based solutions & services

OEM - The OFBiz Extensions Marketplace1
http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/
1 not affiliated to (and not endorsed by) the OFBiz project

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Pierre,

This is part of mentors's responsibilities https://incubator.apache.org/policy/roles_and_responsibilities.html#mentor

Anyway AFAIK the Trafodion project is in a very good shape regarding graduation. To definitely convince myself I'd need to properly install Hadoop 1st
:D I did not get enough time yet...

But I'd not block a graduation because of this. I'm intimately convinced that Trafodion is ready. I'm even surprised that it did not graduate before.

Jacques

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jacques, All,

Posted by Sandhya Sundaresan <sa...@esgyn.com>.
Hi Jacques,
 I didn't realize your changes already got commited ! I thought it was only a pull request . No wonder I see the 3 file patterns in .rat-excludes in the workspace on which I ran RAT. The differentnce could be some change in how RAT handles symbolic links and .bmp files are not flagged as Binary anymore.
Thanks for running and alerting us to this difference.

Thanks
Sandhya

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Sandhya,

I simply followed the RAT-README file

Jacques

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi All,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Thanks Sandhya,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Thanks Sandhya,

Posted by Sandhya Sundaresan <sa...@esgyn.com>.
Hi Jacques,

Posted by "Liu, Ming (Ming)" <mi...@esgyn.cn>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Thanks Ming,

Posted by "Liu, Ming (Ming)" <mi...@esgyn.cn>.
Hi, Jacques,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Posted by Carol Pearson <ca...@gmail.com>.
+1

Email:    carol.pearson234@gmail.com
Twitter:  @CarolP222

On Thu, Nov 16, 2017 at 10:21 AM, Jacques Le Roux <

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Posted by "Song, Hao-Lin" <ha...@esgyn.cn>.
+1
Haolin

Posted by "yingshuai.li@esgyn.cn" <yi...@esgyn.cn>.
+1.

李英帅
易鲸捷信息技术有限公司
手机:18701691214
邮箱:yingshuai.li@esgyn.cn

Posted by Dave Birdsall <da...@esgyn.com>.
+1

Regards,

Dave

Posted by Anuradha Hegde <an...@esgyn.com>.
+1

Anu

Posted by Sean Broeder <se...@esgyn.com>.
+1
Regards,
Sean

Posted by Weiqing Xu <we...@outlook.com>.
+1
Weiqing

________________________________
Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S® 6, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

Posted by Selva Govindarajan <se...@esgyn.com>.
+1

Posted by "Jin, Jian (Seth)" <Ji...@esgyn.cn>.
+1.