Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by "Oliver B. Fischer" <o....@swe-blog.net> on 2015/01/06 07:51:28 UTC

Using GPL licensed software in the build infrastructure

Hi, I read the thrid Third-Party Licensing Policy [1] but I am not sure
if we can use GPL and LGPL software as FindBugs and Checkstyle or
similar tools in the build chain of an ASF project. Actually I think we
can use it since we use these tools only during the build. But I am not
sure.

I would be glad for an answer by someone of you.

Oliver

[1] www.apache.org/legal/3party.html

--
N Oliver B. Fischer
A Schönhauser Allee 64, 10437 Berlin, Deutschland/Germany

Re: Using GPL licensed software in the build infrastructure

Posted by "Oliver B. Fischer" <o....@swe-blog.net>.
Hi,

thank you for your answers.

Bye,