Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by wicket0123 <to...@yahoo.com> on 2008/03/07 23:41:45 UTC

Jmeter remote testing

Hi,
     So, I followed the steps described in this URL:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/remote-test.html

To recap of what I did:

1. Started jmeter-server on every machine that I want to act as load
generators
2. On the client machine, controller, edit jmeter.properties file and add
the load generators IP to the "remote_hosts" property.
3. On client machine, I open my test plan then select Run->Remote
Start->10.50.150.153

I am leaving port as default, 1099.

NOTE:
   - The 2 machines are on same subnet.
   - They can ping each other
   - Windows firewall is turned off

Help is appreciated.  Thanks.

Then, I get the following error:

2008/03/07 14:27:56 ERROR - jmeter.gui.action.RemoteStart: Failed to
initialise remote engine java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to
host: 10.50.150.153; nested exception is:
	at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(Unknown Source)
	at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection(Unknown Source)
	at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.newConnection(Unknown Source)
	at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.newCall(Unknown Source)
	at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub.lookup(Unknown Source)
	at java.rmi.Naming.lookup(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.jmeter.engine.ClientJMeterEngine.getEngine(ClientJMeterEngine.java:52)
	at
org.apache.jmeter.engine.ClientJMeterEngine.<init>(ClientJMeterEngine.java:56)
	at
org.apache.jmeter.gui.action.RemoteStart.doRemoteInit(RemoteStart.java:160)
	at org.apache.jmeter.gui.action.RemoteStart.doAction(RemoteStart.java:73)
	at
org.apache.jmeter.gui.action.ActionRouter.performAction(ActionRouter.java:80)
	at
org.apache.jmeter.gui.action.ActionRouter.access$000(ActionRouter.java:42)
	at org.apache.jmeter.gui.action.ActionRouter$1.run(ActionRouter.java:59)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
	at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIDirectSocketFactory.createSocket(Unknown
Source)
	at sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIMasterSocketFactory.createSocket(Unknown
Source)
	... 20 more

Re: Jmeter remote testing

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 08/03/2008, wicket0123 <to...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>  OK. I got a littler farther now after reading the "Distributed Testing" link
>  on the JMeter site.  I'm going to list my system settings:
>
>  1) I'm using jdk1.6 which resides in "c:\program files\java\jdk1.6.xx"
>  2) I set windows environment variable JAVA_HOME to point to my jdk path
>  3) I set windows environment variable JMETER_HOME to point to my jmeter path

Not strictly necessary.

>  4) then, I double-click on the jmeter-server.bat file which shows 2
>  consoles: 1) for the "jdk...\rmiregistry", 2) for the echo of finding the
>  "ApacheJMeter_core.jar" file

Then you are not using JMeter 2.3.1, or you have changed the properties.
There's only one window now by default.

>  5) i check jmeter.log, nothing.  check jmeter-server.log, nothing.

Should only create jmeter-server.log.

Check directory and file protections.

>  6) On controller machine, i specify in jmeter.properties file
>  "remote_hosts=x.x.x.x"
>  7) start jmeter, select Run->RemoteStart->x.x.x.x.  I get connection refused
>  error.
>
>  8) I checked "NETSTAT" and it shows it is listening to 1099.  So, server
>  must be up even though there's no indications in the log files.
>  9) I stopped all anti virus software services through windows services.
>  stopped windows firewall on both server and client.

Are both machines using the same version of Java?

Re: Jmeter remote testing

Posted by wicket0123 <to...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks to everyone who tried to help here.  I was able to solved this issue.
It turned out to be a firewall issue.  I started the slaves and was able to
telnet to 127.0.0.1 but wasn't able to telnet to the static IP. So, I asked
IT and they said they had a firewall.  Once that was turned off, everything
started working.

Re: Jmeter remote testing

Posted by Ivan Rancati <iv...@sharpmind.de>.

Re: Jmeter remote testing

Re: Jmeter remote testing

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 08/03/2008, wicket0123 <to...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>  I am running JMeter 2.3.1.  The server log is empty.

It should not be empty, unless you have changed the jmeter properties file.

Re: Jmeter remote testing

Posted by wicket0123 <to...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Jmeter remote testing

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

>         at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
>         at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
>         at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
>         at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
>  Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
>         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)
>         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)
>         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
>         at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
>         at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
>         at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
>         at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
>         at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
>         at sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIDirectSocketFactory.createSocket(Unknown
>  Source)
>         at sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIMasterSocketFactory.createSocket(Unknown

What does the server log say?