Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Christian Laflamme <ch...@silverrun.com> on 2000/11/20 20:17:15 UTC

calling xalan from a java application

Hi,

I would like to know what was the purpose of adding a bunch of :
 Runtime.getRuntime().exit(exitStatus);
in the class Process (org.apache.xalan.xslt)

I was using xalan 1.0.0 and was calling it from my java application this way :
org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process.main(new String[]{"-in", inputXmiFile, "-xsl", stylesheetFile, "-out", htmlFile});
it used to work fine with this version

now, with 1.2, my application closes after the execution of this instruction because of Runtime.getRuntime().exit()

I have a few solutions :
- use an older version (1.0.0)
- change Process.java (xalan 1.2) and recompile

Feel free to send me any suggestion

Thanks in advance,

Christian Laflamme

Re: calling xalan from a java application

Posted by Christian Laflamme <ch...@silverrun.com>.
Thanks for the tip

Posted by Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com>.