Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Ross Gardler <ro...@saafe.org> on 2004/04/09 18:20:56 UTC

Re: 'forrest webapp' broken?

> Cheche responded to Stefano with:
>
>> > Before I fix this, is this broken or I'm using it the wrong way?
>> >

>> Yes it it broken, I could not find what was wrong apart of the libs
>> that were not copied accross...
>>
>> > Please help.
>>
>> I will give it a try to see If I can fix it.
>
> Thanks. Any update on this?
>
> We are quite eager to experiment with (and are dependent upon CVS HEAD,
> or pretty close). Would a JIRA entry help?

The webapp has been broken, fixed and brokjen again quite a few times
recently wqith the move to reduce the amount of copying from src to build to
run the local wbapp or to build the static site.

I've fixed it a few times and know my way around what is going on fairly
well. However, I don't have the tim to focus on this right now (I have a
looming deadline).

The problem is that the copying of files for the webapp (as in remotely
distributed not locally run in Jetty) is getting very untidy. The target in
question is "webapp", it essentially uses "webapp-local" to do all the
groundwork and then it, should, copy in all other required files (libs etc.)
and create a different cocoon.xconf.

If anyone wnats to tackle this I recomend you look there, if you are better
at Ant scripting than I, then I am sure you can tidy up what I have dopne in
that target. If no-one can find a solution I will need to update a live site
around the end of April, but I won't be able to tackle it before then.

A JIRA bug is a good idea, I'll be reminded of it when I return if it hasn't
been fixed beforehand.

Ross

Re: 'forrest webapp' broken?

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>.
> The webapp has been broken, fixed and brokjen again quite a few times
> recently wqith the move to reduce the amount of copying from src to build
> run the local wbapp or to build the static site.

Ok, understood.

> I've fixed it a few times and know my way around what is going on fairly
> well. However, I don't have the tim to focus on this right now (I have a
> looming deadline).

Good luck w/ that.

> The problem is that the copying of files for the webapp (as in remotely
> distributed not locally run in Jetty) is getting very untidy. The target
in
> question is "webapp", it essentially uses "webapp-local" to do all the
> groundwork and then it, should, copy in all other required files (libs
etc.)
> and create a different cocoon.xconf.
>
> If anyone wnats to tackle this I recomend you look there, if you are
better
> at Ant scripting than I, then I am sure you can tidy up what I have dopne
in
> that target. If no-one can find a solution I will need to update a live
site
> around the end of April, but I won't be able to tackle it before then.

Does it help that we wish to write (and re-write) xdocs into the directory
once done? Is there a simple way to get this installed and then us just
update docs by writting into the directory? Is it easy to tell su what to
move over?

> A JIRA bug is a good idea, I'll be reminded of it when I return if it
hasn't
> been fixed beforehand.

ok.

regards